Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Hunger begins




Okay, I broke down and bought The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I started reading The Hunger Games and finished it in one night. Now I'm absorbed in Catching Fire but trying to slow it down a bit because I know that the next book doesn't come out until NEXT SEPTEMBER!
These books are not at all what I expected. Okay, I didn't expect anything except that everyone was going on about how fantastic they were. I had no idea what they were about. Wow.
They are another post-apocalyptic type book for young adults. (Think Ember series, Ender series, The Giver, etc.) The intensity got me. Very violent (and I don't like that normally.) But I can't stop reading. I am really glad I read them before giving them to my 12 yr old (who now will have to wait a year or two.)
The characters are so wonderful, the drama, the political, social and environmental (sort of) discussions to follow will be great! I don't want to give anything else away.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin