Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hush up...

Okay, so I read Hush, Hush to see what everyone was talking about.  


(Plus Amazon kept telling me how much I'd love it, and I'll admit, I think it has a pretty cool cover.) 
We have Nora Grey, a teenage school girl who's father has been murdered.  She is not into dating yet, until the mysterious new boy Patch enters the scene.  He's dark and mysterious and quite annoying.  Nora is torn with her new feelings and the strange things that start to happen once Patch arrives.
Along your usual "teenager falls for other-worldly creature" novel lines we have a team of good and bad guys.  Here it's fallen angels, and angels.  Secrets abound.  A little dark and depressing, your typical adolescent angst.
I liked it enough to read the next one, Crescendo, though (even if the cover wasn't as cool.)

Crescendo starts where Hush, Hush leaves off.  Nora is in a new relationship with Patch, but he is being a bit of jerk and she can't figure out why.  Her obsession over her her father's death starts to take hold and she finds out many secrets that take her into some precarious situations.  I liked that in this book she shows a lot more spunk. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin