Thursday, December 17, 2009

Rats


She did it again.
I have a new favorite author I think. Suzanne Collins keeps you hanging, and interested, which is great for a night-reading insomniac such as myself.
After being disappointed that the next Hunger Games book doesn't come out until Sept. 2010, I started on her Gregor series. I read the first and now on the second.

These books are much more in the middle school age range (compared to the Hunger series which I would be way too intense for my 7th grader.) Fun, slightly scary, full of giant rats, cockroaches, and bats (all of whom can talk.) Great for boys or nature-happy kids like mine.

Gregor is such a real, likeable 11 yr old boy who has much put upon him when his dad disappears. He cares for his sisters and grandmother when his mom is at work, even changing diapers and doing laundry.
Laundry-
which leads him to the Underland... a modern day rabbit hole.

Think these will be our next read-alouds.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I adored these books and actually read them before the Hunger Games per a librarians recommendation. We also listened to them in our car with my kids who also loved them. That tale could go on and on as far as I'm concerned.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin